I really love working with Gitlab. Having so many tools in one place has been brilliant for me. But today I’m ending that relationship. I don’t love everything mind you, .gitlab-ci.yml files have never been particularly fun but I’ve always been able to get something working for my workflow of the month. I’m not a fan of the ticketing system and have moved away from it...
Hi, I’m Shawn
I am a Canadian technology entrepreneur currently living outside Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia. I am one half of North & South Nomads, run Sanswork where we provide technology and tender writing services and am also a co-founder of Maplegum Ventures and YellowCAKE Media.
After trying repeatedly to consistently blog and failing I’ve decided to use this blog as a personal book club. I have a long backlog of technical books to read so I’ll be posting notes and projects and code as I go.
Current Backlog(in no order)
- Think Stats
- Practical Statistics for Data Scientists
- Data Science from Scratch
- Fundamentals of Deep Learning
- The Elements of Computing Systems
- Hands on Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow
- Book of Proof
- The Algorithm Design Manual
- Purely Functional Data Structures
- Designing Data-Intensive Applications
- Genetic Algorithms and Machine Learning for Programmers
- Property-Based Testing with PropEr, Erlang and Elixir
- Using SVG with CSS3 and HTML5
- The Data Warehouse ETL Toolkit
- The Data Warehouse Toolkit
- The Data Warehouse Lifecycle Toolkit
As you can see I have a lot of work to do!